Sunday, August 16, 2009

White Bean and Pesto Dip

Somewhat inpired by Michelle's hummus dip but with no chickpeas and no tahini on hand and a bunch of pesto left over from last week's CSA basil-fest, I set out to make some white bean and pesto dip to go with the potato chips I shouldn't have in my cupboard but I do. Here is the result, all ready in a to-go container to go to a pot luck this evening:


White Bean and Pesto Dip:

  • 1 can white beans, rinsed
  • Olive oil to desired consistency
  • 1/2 cup pesto
  • 4 TBS lemon juice
  • Pepper to taste
  • Walnuts and lemon zest for garnish.

Puree white beans in food processor with a little bit of the olive oil to get get it going. Add pesto and pulse processor. Add more olive oil if necessary being careful not to over process. Add lemon juice and pepper to taste. Garnish with crushed walnuts and lemon zest.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That looks incredibly delicious Trevor! I'm going to have to put white beans on my shopping list and the ingredients to make pesto.

Michelle Fovall said...

I made this for dinner tonight! I dipped tortilla chips in it. Yummy!

Trevor Sis Boom said...

Yeah! I've made this one more time since the post. I find that it lasts for just a couple days but can be 'revived' with a drizzle of olive oil. When I make my pesto I always add some chopped parsely or some spinach leaves to it to help it maintain a green color but even so, in this dip, the color will go dingy after a day or so but the flavor stays on. I'm going to make the hummus as soon as I find the tahini this weekend.