Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Surprise Dinner Guest...

One of the joys of being part of Morning Song Farm's CSA is that I never know exactly what I'm going to get. That goes for the fruits and veggies as well as a few farm friends that come along for the ride. This little guy made it through a good wash at the sink, a few days in the refrigerator and finally a bath of balsamic vinaigrette. Just as we were finishing dinner, he inched his way up our salad spoon to say "Thanks very much. See you next time. I'll just be going now." This sort of thing would normally cause me to lose my appetite, but somehow I wasn't bothered at all by our little green dinner guest. It just seemed he was part of the package.

3 comments:

Trevor Sis Boom said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing your dinner guest with us!

Cindy said...

Ugh! That happened to us once, and my daughter almost ate it. But then this is the kid who once ate half a snail and announced to her preschool teacher "Look! I ate the snail's butt!"

Jack said...

Ew.