Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Swiss Chard That I Almost Put in the "Share Box"!



OMG! I almost gave up my Swiss Chard today into the share basket. But Trevor saved the day by telling me that it's good and I should keep it. So, I made this recipe and it was delicious! I especially liked the spiciness of the crushed red pepper. And I guess it didn't hurt that I smeared Smart Balance and salt on it in the end. He he he. I learned two things from this 1) maybe I don't want to discontinue my CSA subscription because I never would have bought swiss chard for myself and 2) fresher is definitely better when it comes to swiss chard.

P.S. I was thinking about not renewing due to financial circumstances (I'm a cheapskate!), however if I didn't have my box today, I might have just eaten a bowl of ice cream or cereal for dinner. Yikes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying the Swiss Chard. It is one of my favorite veggies and I'm really enjoying that it is so plentiful in our CSA box from Morningsong Farm.